40’s been knocking on my door. In it comes next week. A whirlwind of a summer I’ve had. Blogging’s taken a back seat to it all.
A typical, randomly listed summary of recent events:
- Almost 40. I’m not upset about it. This year’s ushered in life changing events, all welcomed. I’ve moved to the place I’ve been looking for. I’ve left hospital nursing and found a niche in Home Health Nursing. Wouldn’t go back unless absolutely financially necessary. It would break my heart to. My faith in my fitting into the nursing profession is renewed. It was crumbling away. I’ve met a beau who’s been a long time coming. And the biggest event…ready for it?
- I’m buying my first home end of September. Yup. Exciting! Thrilling! Nerves…impatience…and all sorts of other emotions wrapped around this.
- My nephew Lucca starts kindergarten next week.
This little guy is not so little anymore:
- I’ve had houseguests this summer. Mom and dad came for a bit before their trip up to AK. Here we have a walk at Fort Flagler on Marrowstone Island.
- My beau Peter’s son Zach came up to stay for a week. Was good to get to know him. He’s a good kid. Haven’t had much interaction with 16 year olds. Went well.
Here we have a walk on Hurricane Ridge with my dad:
- I’ve been sewing a lot, working on two Christmas quilts and some nest feathering projects before everything gets packed up, moved, and sewing takes a back burner to it all.
All nieces and nephews get a quilt from me. That’s my goal.
Sammy has his. He’s not this wee anymore, either:
Lucca likes learning about the solar system. I spotted this panel and border print at a shop (pretty sure it was Fabrics Plus in Anacortes) on Whidbey Island and thought he’d like it. They have everything in that shop for quilting, garment making and home dec sewing. I was astounded at what’s packed into that space. Fabric line is Out of This World by Northcott Fabrics. Top’s done. Needs quilting:
Lily (now a year and a couple months and talking up a storm) has a quilt coming to her this Christmas. It’s pieced and ready to be quilted. This four-patch quilt pattern is called Senior Prom, printed by Villa Rosa Designs. I just ordered four pattern cards from this company. Their designs are more contemporary and easy peasy.
I’ve also cut out a lap throw for myself in colors I’d like to decorate with at the new place (navy-blues-oranges-golds). I’m nesting folks. I have it bad!
- Last summer’s interest in food preservation continues with making jam from a case of peaches, apricots, making pickles and several jars of Dilly Beans from my first picking of beans from the garden.
- The garden. Another post I’ll share on that.
- Tennis elbow much better. Knitting some. Not as much as hoped for in my 2014 New Years goals but hey…still knitting. More on that later.
That’s the biggies summed up. Some folks have been following this blog a long time. I started it while travel nursing, in NM, in 2008. 6 years has brought much change to my life. Now and then I randomly peruse a section from back yonder. It’s a journal of sorts.
Thanks for checking in.