- Signed a contract at a Santa Barbara hospital for 13 weeks beginning 6/14. (Big Smile goes here.) It’ll be nights. That’ll suck. But I’ll deal with it.
- Off to San Diego today. Planning to hit some LA tourist attractions on the way. I’m gonna be brave and enter the beast. Planning to see: Getty Museum, Santa Monica, Original LA Farmers Market, Hollywood, Queen Mary Ship (?), Rancho Los Alamitos, Venice Beach, San Juan Capistrano Mission, and hopefully Catalina Island. In San Diego, well, I haven’t firm plans yet. My HIDDEN guidebook will help. I have 5 or 6 days to play. I’m bringing my bike and a need for an adventure. Oh, sailing. I’d love to have a sailboat ride. Never been.
- Got my laptop back from Sony setting a land-speed record of 7 days. Hard drive was replaced.
- On the needles: 1) Monkey by the Sea Socks. Turned the heel and am onto the gusset of sock number one. 2) Nephew Lucca’s B-Day sweater. No details since his mom reads this and I want it to be a surprise. It’s big. It will be his X-Mas gift as well.
- Yarn stash-dove yesterday. Amping up to cast on a me-project after I finish the kid’s sweater. Indecisive about what it will be.
- Can’t take my felted clog slippers off when at home. In fact, I’d wear them full-time if I thought I could get away with it. They are like a woobie. But on my feet. Warm, soft, reassuring.
Ravelry it: Fiber Trends Felted Clogs by Bev Galeskas
Needle: Addi Turbo #13 Circular
Yarn: Cascade 220 and 220 Heathers held double. Stash Buster. No new wool was purchased for the making of these clogs. : ) Used one full skein purple, close to one full skein for the double-layer soles and a half or so for the red parts you see.
Quick, easy, if you haven’t made a pair yet I recommend this pattern. They make a great gift as well.
PS: New Vogue Knitting Fall magazine is out. Yummy projects in it.