A few thoughts…
- This Saturday I turn 36. It’s over the mid-thirties bump and slides me down towards 40. And it’s happening quickly, prompting lots of reflection on what I’m doing with myself and where I’m going. Heavy. That’s it. I sure don’t want to “REMAIN SEATED.”
- I miss teaching.
- 2+2+2: Two weeks+Two separate visits+two good friends visiting = a reminder of how fortunate I am to have such great friends.
- After a few weeks of poor contract prospects the Santa Barbara Hospital I’m at is thankfully extending me one month, through 10/16. By then, there should be more contracts available. (Hospitals beef up staffing for the holidays.) I’m happy to enjoy the Central Coast for another month.
- I may have a full week off as a result. Road trip wheels are grinding away. Grand Canyon/No AZ/ So. UT? Northern CA coast (way up there?) Back to East Sierras? OR/WA?
- I’m still hell-bent on getting work in AK next spring. I’d give my left arm. Metaphorically.
- My goal of knitting one holiday gift per two months failed miserable. Starting now. Oy.
- Nephew Lucca is talking and walking. I get videos via phone from my sister Ali and they make me smile a silly grin. He brings me much happiness.
On the needles:
Daybreak shawl – 75% Completed
Lopi Icelandic Wool – Color-work steeked cardigan 25% completed. (Pics on that later)
One sisters Xmas gift – details top-secret – 20% completed
Erm…that’s all I’ll subject you to.