Where’s May going? Where’d April go? Some news:
- Mom and Pop were out last week. We had a blast.
- There’s no time to blog. Man it’s piling up. We’re not even out of AK yet. Just wait until Canada! Then there’s the local bits.
- Next week I’m backpacking for the first time since college…over 15 years ago. My partners assure me I will not die en-route from exhaustion and geez, the packing checklist is sure different from the mental car camping list I always use. Wish me luck!
- Then I work a couple days.
- Then my sister Karen arrives for a whole week. We’re gonna road trip and play and have a blast. Jeez I can’t wait!
- Did you get the Wordless Wed. pic from last week? It’s car art. A retired cop car had a Krispy Kreme doughnut box glued to its trunk with two plastic doughnuts afixed alongside the box. Pretty funny I thought.
- Knitting: Finished a cowl for my mom, a cabled hat, fingerless mitts for a friend and am cruising on a cardigan. Placed an (afterthought) lifeline in a naughty shawl (thanks Paul!) to aid in ripping back 1,000 + some stitches. It’s coming with on above mentioned backpacking trip.
- Too bad I’m not coordinated enough to hike and knit. I hear some are gifted in the art.
- I now have a sun-drenched deck. Started a container garden including a hibiscus. Haven’t played in the dirt in 4 years I s’pose. Feels great!
That’s the news for now.