Laptop got funky last week, crashing constantly. I’ve been looking for an excuse to change to a Mac for years. Sure, I could have brought it in to the shop, had its ailment diagnosed and a repair quoted. But…
They say Virgos ruminate and live in their heads. They also say we process info and thoroughly examine all options. Sometimes that’s the way I roll. Other times I saunter to the Apple store to research laptops.
Hah! I knew I’d walk out with one. Who was I kidding?
A sleek and sexy glowing, silver machine on my lap, I type feeling like I did the first time I learned to use a mouse – awkward as hell.
I have SO MUCH to learn! Just tried previewing then uploading pics and it didn’t go well. I’m going to need many of those one on one appts I paid extra for. I should use some of those online tutorial videos they tout. But I’m not really a read the full directions kind of gal.
Guess I’ll need to be.
Some random ketchup kind of stuff:
- I also replaced my broken camera with a new Fuji point and shoot 20X. I really wanted a dust (erm…beach sand) proof one but after researching the options, they just don’t take good photos. A goal I have of learning how to use its manual settings. Community ED has a class I may register for.
- Been nursing an irritated, old lower back injury to the tune of two months, now. Been a slow, long haul. I was enjoying 9 mile hikes before the Fourth of July. Now I’m tired and sore after 4. Sigh…starting over sucks.
- I turn 39 next Wednesday.
- A two week road trip begins in two weeks. So excited, need to start some planning. PNW and British Columbia here I come!
- Been selfish knitting, not making Christmas gifts this year. I’m on an accessory kick and loving it.
- Continuing the Preserves learning curve with apricot-ginger jam and apple butter added to my pantry.
- Looking forward to fall, cooler temps, rain, and green hills.
No pics though I have material from months ago I’d love to share.
Working on it!