Why do I write this post yearly? [Why am I writing this 3 months into the year? Ha Ha!]
I don’t believe in personal new years resolutions. If I need to get my act together or work on something personal I just do it. I may be rather Virgo-pragmatic-organized-stubborn but I don’t map out my actions for the entire year. For knitting I benefit from a bit of structure. I get startitis, becoming overwhelmed by the prospect of casting on a new project, sifting and sorting through the stash in a glazed-in-the-eyes sort of way, far from monogamous to the project on the needles. I’m also distracted from knitting by now having a great sewing room set up, a yard and garden to play in, and the urge to hike for hours whenever I can.
So much to do!
2015 will be the year of just letting the knitting be what it is – with just a bit of structure. ; )
2015 Knitting Goals
- Knit 3/7 days per week, even if its just a few rows or 5 minutes in a day. Bring knitting to work with me and retreat to it on a break, even for just a couple minutes. Keep something with me always. Don’t record the days. Just self-monitor.
- Use Afghans for Afghans projects as portable projects, simple projects that require little focus/attention. Use them to experiment with new stitch patterns. Use up those odds n ends of worsted weight partial skeins I have.
- Have all Christmas gifts completed by December 15, 2015. Get a stash of birthday knitting together. (All sisters have fall birthdays which makes for a crunch if I’m not prepared.) Focus on simpler, smaller gifts.
- Make two sweaters for myself this year. This is totally attainable. One is nearly done.
- Document my stash in Ravelry. There’s a small fortune there. And it’s not recorded. Being a new homeowner, I need to check with my insurance company and see how to document belongings in case of catastrophe. Cull the stash. Really look at it and bid farewell to what I am not using. Fingering weight, sorry but that means you.
- Keep the knit it out/add to stash ratio at 4 skeins used to 1 added. Track it. Otherwise it’s a lost cause. And damn you WEBS for the Anniversary sale preview video in my email this AM. I really need to unsubscribe from such emails. But I won’t.
- Knit some home decorating items this year such as cabled or colorwork pillow covers, an afghan (that may be a bit lofty a goal).